Registration for Fiddler on the Roof Pit Orchestra
In order to register for the Pit Orchestra:
- Fill out registration forms online at: https://forms.gle/7pnmSEDzHgRCivBZ9
- Pay both the district activity fee and JTC fee.
- Monday, Feb. 3 from 3-7 and Tues. Feb. 4 from 3-7:
Check in at the choir room with JTC representative to verify your registration/turn in your payment.
- Auditions – Need for an audition will be based on interest. If necessary, you will be contacted by email after 7pm on Tuesday, Feb. 4th. Possible Auditions will be Feb 5-7 after school.
Strings (7 players)
VIOLIN 1, 2 & 3
BASS (Acoustic preferred)ACCORDION
ACOUSTIC GUITAR (LUTE, MANDOLIN)
PERCUSSION (1-2 players) (BELLS, CHIMES, DRUM KIT, FINGER CYMBAL, TAMBOURINE, TIMBALES, TRIANGLE, TYMPANI, WOOD BLOCK, XYLOPHONE)
Reeds (5 players)
REED 1: FLUTE, PICCOLO
REED 2: CLARINET
REED 3: BASS CLARINET & CLARINET
REED 4: BASSOON
REED 5: ENGLISH HORN & OBOE
Brass (5 players)
TRUMPET 1, 2 & 3
*Keyboards?? Please let me know if interested, may be used to cover other parts not filled. We will let you know by Feb. 6th.
Rehearsals and Show.
- Shows are over two weekends April 16 -19 and April 23-26. Thursday – Saturday shows are at 7 pm, Sunday shows are at 1 p.m.
- There are no absences allowed for the rehearsals labeled sitz probe, dress rehearsals or performances on the schedule.
- Rehearsal schedule: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=dm91aTVnOGJwdXJyNWxxamtkdGZlcHZkajBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
- We will meet for 2 hours twice a week, starting the week of Feb. 10th through April 1st for Pit Orchestra ONLY rehearsals. Some of these rehearsals may be sectionals. I will try to make these rehearsals to fit best with the schedules of those interested. Therefore, I have listed all possible rehearsal dates for February and March. Please make sure you list ALL conflicts on the registration form to any of the dates on the tentative rehearsal schedule.
- After Spring Break, rehearsals are set as we will start rehearsing with the cast. Sometimes we will want to run the show first and then you will be released early. Other times we may want to fix a few things with the cast prior to the show run and the orchestra will be called at a later time. You will rarely, if ever, be needed for the entire 4 hour rehearsal but we need to know of any conflicts you have with the entire rehearsal period.