Mon., Feb. 3 from 3-7pm
Tues., Feb. 4 from 3-7pm
Check in at choir room.
CALLBACKS: Wed., Feb. 5 from 4:30-7:30pm
NOTE: Callbacks will be posted Tuesday evening. Callbacks will not conflict with those in Pullman Car Hiawatha.
If you are interested in stage managing or have questions about auditions please contact Gaby at 612-280-5689 or Laura at 612-270-9106.
In order to audition, people interested in performing or tech must:
1. Complete the JTC Audition Form.
2. Pay the Show Fee.
($100 actor; $50 tech; $25 Paid Sound/Light/Costumer)
Online Payment through the JTC website (credit card/PayPal; convenience fee applies)
Actor Fee Orchestra/Stage and Tech Crew
Paid Sound Tech/ Paid Lighting Tech or Costumer
OR Bring a check (payable to JTC) to the audition.
3. Complete the BPS Activity Registration Form and Payment
4. NEW THIS SHOW–Choose a specific day to audition using this Audition Sign Up link. Be prepared to attend the entire audition block you signed up for.
5. Prepare for the Audition:a. Vocal Portion– If you would like to be considered for a vocal lead role (Tevye, Golde, Lazar, Perchick, Hodel, Chava, Tzeitel, or Motel), Prepare a 16 – 32 bar cut of a musical theater song and bring the accompaniment with you to the audition. Acapella and non-musical theater auditions will not be considered for lead vocal roles. If you have any questions about where to find the accompaniment, ask Jamie Schmidt. You can find her in the choir room periods 4-6 during school or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. All others– Those interested in a dance/speaking lead role or in the ensemble should prepare a song cut no more than 16 bars. This is usually one verse and chorus or less (approximately 30 seconds or less) of a song. We just need to hear you sing! Happy Birthday, You are my Sunshine, or My Country Tis of Thee would be acceptable options. Only directors will be in the room to hear you sing, you do not need to sing in front of other students.
c. Acting Portion– Prepare a 2 paragraph monologue. Monologues can be found online. Please see the JTC captains (Gabe Hansen, Mal Bowman, Sarah Hatton, Abby Swan) if you need help with your monologue.
d. Dance portion– You will be learning a portion of the dance in “To Life”. Wear pants and shoes that you can move in as Russian dancing includes coffee grinders on the floor and low kicks in a squat.
REHEARSALS and SHOW
Shows are over two weekends: April 16 -19 and April 23-26. Sunday shows are at 1pm. There are no absences the week of April 6-15. We will have an all-day rehearsal on Good Friday,
April 10 which will conclude by 5:00 and a rehearsal April 11 in the afternoon from 2-5.
Rehearsal schedule attached.
When completing your audition form, please be specific and list ALL conflicts and activities. You will not be able to expand conflicts after rehearsals have begun.
FORMS, FEES, & REGISTRATION
All forms and payments must be completed before you will be cleared for casting.
To ensure a smooth audition, please complete your online registration at least 2 hours before auditions begin to allow your registration to be processed. Please bring a resume with your photo to the audition.
Remember, to audition for Fiddler on the Roof, you must complete 5 steps:
1. JTC Audition Form
2. JTC Show Payment
($100 actor; $50 tech; $25 Paid Sound/Light/Costumer) Online Payment through the JTC
website (credit card/PayPal; convenience fee applies)Actor FeeStage and Tech CrewPaid
Sound Tech/ Paid Lighting Tech or Costumer OR bring a check (payable to JTC)
to the audition.
3.BPS Activity Registration Form and Payment
You will need your child’s student ID number to create or use an account. Click the
soccer ball icon for activities; play is listed under “Spring Musical – Fiddler on the Roof”); the
fee is $55.
4. Choose an audition day: Audition Sign Up.
5. Prepare (as described above)
Tech crew applicants are encouraged to come to auditions to ensure their registration is complete and to introduce themselves to the director. Detailed instructions regarding the registration process can be found here.
Scholarships are available. To inquire, please contact Laura Schmit at