2021 BLOOMINGTON SUMMER COMMUNITY MUSICAL
ANNIE at Kennedy High School July 15,16,17,18.
The beloved musical about a spunky orphan named Annie, nasty Miss Hannigan who runs the orphanage but hates kids, and powerful Oliver Warbucks. So many well known songs such as “Tomorrow” and “A Hard Knock Life”.
We are looking for actors and stage crew for this show 6th grade through graduating seniors. Everyone who registers will be cast. Auditions are only for assigning roles.
Please click the link to complete the Annie audition form- ANNIEAUDITION
How to Audition
Auditions will be done differently this year due to COVID. There will be a video submission for the general audition and an in person audition for callbacks. The video audition for Annie will be due May 10.
Callbacks for Annie will be in person Friday, May 14 at 3 p.m. in the Kennedy High School auditorium.
Auditions will be a bit different this year due to COVID.
If you want to audition you will be asked to submit 2 video recordings by May 10:
1. performing a 1 -1 ½ minute monologue
2. performing two stanzas of a song from a musical- not pop music.
Things to remember:
- We all want you to succeed!! It’s easy to be nervous, but we’re cheering for you.
- SMILE! How you engage with your “audience” is just as or more important than singing all the right notes.
Callbacks will be similar to previous years with added social distancing procedures with readings, vocals and dance. No music needs to be prepared ahead of time for callbacks.
Monday-Friday, starting June 7-July 14 from 8:30am -12:00pm in the Kennedy High School Auditorium. No rehearsal July 2 or July 5. Tech crew will come to the first rehearsal (June 7) at which time a complete tech schedule will be determined.
July 15 ,16 and 17 at 7 p.m. and July 17 and 18 at 3 p.m. at Kennedy High School.
$195 for performers; $140 for orchestra and tech crew. Scholarships are available! We do not want the cost of the show to prevent ANYONE who is otherwise eligible from participating. Click here to make your payment.
COVID 19 Provision
We will be following the policies of the CDC, MDH, MSHSL, Governor and School District regarding best practices with COVID.
Questions: Please contact
Laura Schmit (director- firstname.lastname@example.org), Jamie Schmidt (musical director- jschmidt3@isd271)
* We will be needing parent volunteers to help with the end-of-year banquet. More details will be coming soon.
* We are anticipating open positions for communications, treasurer, and tickets/website on the JTC board for the 2022-23 school year. Please consider if you’d be interested in shadowing a board member part of next year to transition into a role.