Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful auditions. We have plenty of actors at Jefferson who are ready to work on and learn about acting Shakespeare.
- Duke – Ben Kasahara
- Duchess – Tori Lundeen
- Antipholus of Ephesus – Stuart Fronk
- Antiphelus of Syracuse – William Gomes
- Dromio of Ephesus – Anna Marie Gomes
- Dromio of Syracuse – Sean Sheets
- Adriana – Heidi Krauss
- Luciana – Jillian Sjoquist
- Angelo – Maya Mic
- Balthizar – Megan Borgerding
- Courtesan – Sydney Dunham
- Dr. Pinch – Jack Wisniewski
- First Merchant – Jack Wisniewski
- Second Merchant – Lucas Thurston
- Third Merchant – Jessica Stark
- Servant – Amy Swanton
- Jailer/Officer – Alena Krauss
- Jailer/Officer – Maggie Baukol
- Exposition Players/Musicians – Olivia Higgins, Katie Weston, Lexi Shields, & all cast as assigned
Congratulations to all the seniors who received the honor of “Outstanding Performance” for leading roles! JTC’s own Julia Knight and Morgan Kempton are second and third from left, front row respectively.
Announcing auditions for Comedy of Errors, our fall production.
Auditions will be held on Wednesday, June 8th from 6:30 – 9:00 pm, and Thursday, June 9th from 6:30 – 9:00 pm in the choir room. Callbacks will be Monday, June 13th from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. All forms and payments must be complete before you will be allowed to audition.
If you are unable to attend auditions, please contact the directors Suzanne Graf Gomes (Director3@JeffersonTheatreCompany.org) and/or Jerry Gomes (Director2@JeffersonTheatreCompany.org) to make other arrangements.
When completing your audition form, please list ALL conflicts. You will not be able to expand conflicts after rehearsals have begun.
All registrations need to be completed and fees paid before anyone is allowed to audition. To ensure a smooth audition, please complete your online registration at least 2 hours before auditions begin to allow your registration to be processed. You may email your photo and/or resume to Auditions@JeffersonTheatreCompany.org.
Detailed instructions regarding the registration process can be found here.
Note that the district will be using a new system for activity registrations for next year. As a result, we lose access to the FeePay online registration system on June 30, 2016. This means refunds will not be able to be processed after June 30th for any students who choose to drop. Families will also need to keep track of their individual caps as the fall play payments won’t transfer over to the new online registration system being used for the 2016-2017 school year.
Families will also need to keep track of their individual caps as the fall play payments won’t transfer over to the new online registration system being used for the 2016-2017 school year.
There will be two Shakespeare workshops in July, and rehearsals for Comedy of Errors begin August 1st.
Tickets on sale now!
Don’t miss the Spotlight Education Showcase celebrating this exciting year in high school musical theater.
Sunday, June 12
Monday, June 13
7:00 p.m. • State Theatre
Professionally produced, Spotlight Showcase highlights the hard work and talent of the state’s finest high school musical theatre students and programs through live performances. Participating schools and students are also honored in categories including individual performance, overall production and technical achievement.
Buy direct and be charged no service fees with Friends of Spotlight tickets! Click here to learn more.
As our school year ends, we must send our talented seniors off on their next great adventures. However, when the students leave, often their volunteering parents move on as well. As a result, we have open positions in JTC for some fun and rewarding roles.
The following is a list of open positions. We ask for a 1 year commitment, but most folks enjoy their roles so much they keep coming back for more! If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Dorelle Rosenberg at President@JeffersonTheatreCompany.org or call at 952-212-9632.
- Fundraising: This is a board position, so monthly meeting attendance is required. Need to brainstorm and coordinate fundraising efforts throughout the year. Support is provided through student captains, communications volunteer, and volunteer coordinator. Year-long role.
- Advertising Sales: Coordinates sales of ad space from local businesses for appearance in our programs. Advertising directly covers the cost for the printing of our programs. Beginning of year role.
- Poster Distribution: Coordinates the distribution of posters throughout the community by maintaining a list of posting locations and assigning areas to parent volunteers. Support is provided through publicity coordinator.
- Grants: Finds and applies for available grants. Year-long role.
To the cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie for the following Spotlight Education Honors:
Overall Production: Outstanding
Overall Performance: Honorable Mention
Vocal Performance by an Ensemble: Honorable Mention
Movement/Dance Performance by an Ensemble: Outstanding
Student Orchestra: Honorable Mention
Technical Crew: Outstanding
Overall Technical Team: Outstanding
A/V Board: Honorable Mention
Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role:
- Jillian Sjoquist as Millie
- Julia Knight as Miss Dorothy
- Morgan Kempton as Muzzy
Honorable Mention in a Supporting Role: Alexa Schirber as Ms. Flannery
Technical Leadership Nomination: Emerson Stenbeck
The Brawl of America is a weekend-long stage combat workshop sanctioned by the Society of American Fight Directors and held in Minneapolis. The workshop will be Saturday/Sunday, May 28th and 29th, 2016.
The Brawl of America Stage Combat Workshop is an opportunity to train in the art of performing violence on stage and screen that is both safe and dramatically effective. Instructors are leaders in the industry with national renown. A variety of classes are offered that explore the diverse applications of choreographed violence within the contexts of dramatic storytelling. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send them via email to BrawlofAmerica@gmail.com
Congratulations Julia Knight! Selected as one of the top 30 Spotlight Triple Threat Award candidates.
Jefferson Theatre Company now has their own YouTube channel! You can view clips from our most recent production of Thoroughly Modern Millie and more. Check it out today!
The JTC Board congratulates the following 2016-2017 captains. Thank you to everyone who applied. We are fortunate to have so many committed members!
Megan Joy Borgerding- Lead